The Library provides computers and portable devices for users to access e-resources and the Internet. In using these facilities, they should observe the following regulations:
- The devices provided in the Library serve educational purposes only. Therefore, users are suggested to use these devices for work that is related to their study and research.
- The computers are provided on a first-come first-served basis. If an occupied computer is left idle for more than 15 minutes, another user has the right to use it. No parties, including the Library, are held accountable for any loss or damage of the data belonged to the original user. Unattended belongings will be removed by library staff.
- Users have to authenticate themselves with usernames and passwords assigned by the Information Technology Services Centre (ITSC) when logging into library computers. Sharing of login names and passwords is prohibited. Users are reminded to keep their passwords confidential and log out after use to protect their data privacy. Besides, users have to take full responsibility for any activities conducted in their own computer accounts.
- Users must not use library computing devices for viewing obscene pictures, transmitting offensive, threatening and harassing messages of any kind, spreading viruses or conducting activities that would inflict harm on others or deprive their right of use of devices and access to e-resources. Those who use the devices for purposes that infringe relevant laws will be liable to punishment by the Institute and authorities concerned.
- When connecting external storage devices to library computers, users must make sure that their devices are virus-free. The Library is not responsible for any loss or damage of data in their devices.
- Users should not alter or damage the normal functioning of library computing devices, including the software installed and the default settings made by relevant units of the institution. They should also not install any software unless permitted otherwise by the Library. Users will be penalized for the damage they cause as a result of the improper use of the devices. Penalties include the suspension of use of library computing devices and the payment for the full cost of repair or replacement.