To support e-learning, laptops are available for loan at the Help Desk of the Learning Commons. Users may borrow the Laptops, which are restricted for use in the Library only, from Mondays to Fridays.
Equipment for Loan
|Laptop (with MS Office)||5 units||Click here|
|Laptop (with MS Office and SPSS)||2 units||Click here|
All students and staff of CIHE / CBCC and CAPS with valid institutional cards
- Each user can check out ONE laptop for 4 hours with no renewal privilege.
- Users should return the laptops to the Help Desk on the same day. No laptops can be loaned overnight and are due 30 minutes before the closing of the Library.
On a first-come-first-served basis. No advance booking or hold is available.
Users will be charged HK$6 per hour for late return.
- Users have to examine the physical conditions of the laptops and accessories each time when they check out the equipment. If there are any malfunctions and / or defects, they must report to the staff on duty immediately.
- Users cannot add / remove / modify any hardware and software in the laptops.
- Users should not save files on the laptops, which are equipped with “reborn software”.
- Users are held liable for the cost of repair or replacement of any lost, stolen or damaged laptops and its accessories, and an additional processing charge of HK$100.
- When using the laptops, users must comply with the regulations stated in the Responsible Use of Computing Devices.
Users are required to read and sign the Library Laptop Loaning Agreement before they check out the laptops.