Improvement works to the Learning Commons will begin on June 11, 2018 (Monday). The Learning Commons except the e-learning laboratory and the quiet study zone will be temporarily closed until further notice.
For assistance please approach the Help Desk at 3702-4338, or email to email@example.com
Thank you very much for participating the Library User Survey 2018. The survey was successfully ended on 11 May 2018. The Library is pleased to announce the Lucky Draw results as follows. All lucky participants will receive an email confirmation for collecting the prize.
Congratulations to all lucky participants.
|ID (First 4 characters)||Name||Prize||Sponsored by|
|1790xxx||LAU Shun Hee||Apple Watch Series 3 (Nike+)|
|1770xxx||CHEUNG Pak Ling||Apple AirPods|
|1770xxxx||FUNG Po Yip||Fitbit CHARGE 2|
|1620xxx||LEUNG Lai Yiu||1-hour Venture Studios family photography experience +
Venture Studio cash voucher
|C209xxx||HEUNG Sin Man|
|1720xxx||MAN Siu Kok||ESLITE $100 Coupons|
|1620xxxx||WONG Wai Kit|
|1570xxx||HUI Shing Chun||ESLITE $100 Coupons|
|1729xxx||TSANG Hing Fai|
|1670xxx||LAM Cheuk Man|
|1720xxxx||TUNG Yuk Wing|
|1470xxx||WONG Hoi Ying||Starbucks $100 Coupons|
|1690xxx||LIANG Pui Ling|
|1720xxx||WONG Wai Ching|
|1770xxx||CHENG Lok Tung|
|1720xxxx||TANG Hang Ying|
|C209xxx||WONG Yee Wah||MGH book coupon|
|1720xxx||LI Ngai Hin||USB Light|
|1470xxx||CHOI Nga Ping||Earphones|
|1620xxxx||TSE Chung Kiu|
|1720xxxx||CHEUNG Man Fung|
|1620xxxx||YUAN Man Yim||Erasable pens|
|1670xxx||LI Wun Yi|
|1570xxx||YUEN Ho Ming|
|1720xxx||LAU Hoi Leong|
|1720xxxx||YEUNG Faat Tong|
|1470xxx||TON Chung Han|
|C209xxx||WONG Wai Man|
|1629xxx||LAM Kam Ming|
|STH6xxx||WONG Tsz Ying|
|1720xxxx||KWAN Sung Ching|
|1770xxx||TANG Ho Yan|
|1620xxxx||LI Chung Hung|
|1770xxx||LUI Ho Yi|
|1570xxx||HO Po Chuen|
|1720xxxx||YUNG Hiu Lam|
|1720xxx||LAI Hon Fai|
|1620xxxx||MAK Lok Yan|
|1770xxx||PUN Cho Ming|
|1770xxx||LAI Ka Ling||Universal foldable phone / tablet stands|
|1620xxxx||CHIU Ka Yi|
|TMH1xxxxxx||HO Ka Wai|
|1720xxxx||NG Hiu Man|
|1690xxx||LO Man Wa|
|1720xxxx||NGO Cheuk Sum|
|1570xxx||SUEN Man Long|
|1720xxxx||POON Kim Ngan|
|1470xxx||NGAN Chi Pang|
|1720xxxx||CHUK Kam Ip|
Prize Presentation Ceremony
The prize presentation ceremony was held at 11:00 a.m. on 17 May 2018 (Thursday) at Learning Commons, CIHE campus.
Join “Emerald Quiz – the Year of the Dog” today and have a chance to win an Apple Watch
All staff and students are now invited to join an online quiz organized by Emerald. If you have FOUR quiz questions answered correctly before 31 May 2018, you will enter a lucky draw to win an Apple Watch. Winner of the quiz will be contacted directly by Emerald.
Click Here to find the details and to start the quiz right away!
The Library is currently subscribing to the Marketing Collection, Public Policy & Environmental Management Collection & Tourism & Hospitality Collection provided by Emerald. These cover around 100 journal titles across different subject areas including human resource management, marketing, tourism, sociology, public administration etc. If there are any enquiries on using the Emerald databases, please feel free to contact the Library at 3653-6620 or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
|23 April 2018
19 May 2018
Monday – Friday
8:30 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
10:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Sunday & Public Holidays
The Library is pleased to offer Internurse & Intermid, which are two complimentary healthcare journal collections provided by Mark Allen Group.
Internurse is the UK’s largest collection of peer-reviewed nursing content, and home of the British Journal of Nursing. Internurse covers primary and secondary care settings as well as the whole spectrum of specialist nursing practice including cardiology, neuroscience, mental health, palliative care and wound care.
Intermid contains all content from the British Journal of Midwifery from 1996 onwards. It also exclusively includes access to its sister title, African Journal of Midwifery and Women’s Health.
Students and staff are welcome to access the above two collections via the A-Z List of e-Database
Participate now – Library User Satisfaction Survey
The Library will conduct an User Survey 2018 from 12 March 2018 to 11 May 2018. Please take a few minutes to complete the survey and give your opinions.
6-month print newspaper subscription offer for FREE
|Wolters Kluwer||Starbucks coupons|
|McGraw-Hill Education||Book Coupon|
|Cengage Learning HK Ltd.||PILOT erasable pens|
|John Wiley & Sons, Inc.||USB Light and Earphones|
|Elsevier Hong Kong Limited||Universal foldable phone / tablet stands|
Terms and Conditions
- This survey is open to all current CIHE/CBCC/CAPS full-time and part-time students and staff (academic, administrative and general);
- External members including Alumni with valid Library cards are also welcome to participate except the Corporate members with Readers’ cards;
- This is an anonymous survey. No personal information will be collected;
- If you are interested in joining the Lucky Draw, please provide your personal particulars (i.e. Student/Staff ID, name, email address and phone number) at the end of the survey. This information will only be used for purposes related to the Lucky Draw.
- The results of the Lucky Draw will not be affected by your answers and written comments.
- Each participant is suggested to take the survey only once. Multiple entries of the same participant will only be counted ONCE;
- Prizes will be drawn at the end of May 2018. The drawing results will be posted on the Library website and all winners will be contacted individually by email. The Library is NOT liable for any non-delivery or non-receipt of email(s) by the winners;
- Late redemption will NOT be entertained. All prizes are NOT transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash;
- The Library is NOT liable for any cost or damage relating to or resulting from the acceptance and/or use of the above prizes by the participants;
- NO warranty or maintenance service will be provided;
- The Library reserves the right of final decision on all matters in case of any disputes.
Please be assured that answers, comments and contact information given by you in the survey will be treated in strict confidence. The Library will collate and analyze the collected data and will post the survey report on its website for users’ reference.
The Library is pleased to inform you that a talk on Guide to Upgrade Research Skills – Mastering the Platform and Thesis Planning offered by Emerald Publishing will be conducted on 14 March 2018. Details of the talk are as follows:
Topic: Guide to Upgrade Research Skills – Mastering the Platform and Thesis Planning
- How to get started 如何開始
- How to select a topic 如何訂定題目
- How to target your work most effectively 訂定目標及撰寫論文的有效方法
- Research better with Emerald Insight 善用Emerald網站增強研究能力
- How to promote your research to increase readership 如何推廣你的文獻
Speaker: Ms. Julie Lin, Emerald Group Publishing
|Date:||14th March 2018 (Wednesday)|
|Time:||2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.|
|Venue:||E-Learning Laboratory (A411), Level 4, Learning Commons, CIHE Campus|
|Language:||English / Chinese|
Library Opening Hours during the Lunar New Year Holidays:
Due to the grant of special leave of the Institute, the Library will close at 3:00 p.m. on 15 Feb 2018 (Chinese New Year’s Eve).
|15 Feb 2018 (Thu.)||
8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (Revised)
|16 Feb 2018 (Fri.) – 19 Feb 2018 (Mon.)||