All staff and students are now invited to join an online quiz organized by Emerald. If you have all FIVE quiz questions answered correctly on or before 15 May 2019, you will enter a lucky draw to win one of the 4 fabulous prizes. Winner of the quiz will be contacted directly by Emerald.
1st prize – Apple Airpods X1
2nd prize – Mi AI Speaker X1
3rd prize – LAMY Safari Fountain Pen X1
4th Prize – Emerald Glass Thermal Bottle X10
Click Here for more information and to start the quiz right away!
The Library is currently subscribing to the Marketing Collection, Public Policy & Environmental Management Collection & Tourism & Hospitality Collection provided by Emerald. These cover around 100 journal titles across different subject areas including Marketing, Hotel management, Food & beverage management, public administration & management etc. If there are any enquiries on using the Emerald databases, please feel free to contact the Library at 3653-6620 or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Clinical Pharmacology is no longer available for access. As an alternative resources to Clinical Pharmacology, users may use UpToDate & Natural Medicines via A-Z List of e-Databases.
UpToDate is an evidence-based, physician-authored clinical decision support resource which assists clinicians to make the right point-of-care decisions by providing specific answers to clinical questions. It covers over 10500 clinical and patient information topics across 25 specialties written by over 6500 medical experts. Topics include drug information, emergency medicine, palliative care, general surgery and other medical-related areas.
Natural Medicines is the most authoritative resource available on dietary supplements, natural medicines, and complementary alternative and integrative therapies.
The Library is pleased to offer a newly subscribed database – Lippincott Procedure.
Lippincott Procedures offers step-by-step procedure guidance at the point of care, which aims to help nursing professionals to carry out effective care and to deliver improved patient outcomes. It provides over 1,700 evidence-based procedures and skills in nursing, physical therapy and respiratory therapy. These include video clips, images & quick lists with detailed instructions on how to perform procedures including: preparation guidelines, implementation, patient teaching information, equipment etc.
Students and staff are welcome to access Lippincott Procedure via A-Z List of e-Databases.
Participate now – Library User Survey
The Library will conduct a User Survey 2019 from 11 March 2019 to 30 April 2019. Please take a few minutes to complete the survey and give your opinions.
(Elite Active 65t)
|Hyweb Technology Co., Ltd.||Starbucks Coupon
|John Wiley & Sons, Inc.||Starbucks Coupon|
|Wisers Information Ltd.|
|iGroup (Asia Pacific) Ltd.||ESLITE Coupon|
|Hong Kong GTA Data Ltd.|
|Wolters Kluwer Health||Mi Band 3
Mi Bluetooth Earphone
|Wolters Kluwer Hong Kong Ltd.||Book Coupon|
|Thomson Reuters||Supermarket Coupon|
|Cengage Learning HK Ltd.||USB Flash Drive|
|Elsevier Hong Kong Ltd.||Power Bank|
|Sage Publishing||Lucky Gift Set|
Terms and Conditions
- This survey is open to all current CIHE/CBCC/CAPS full-time and part-time students and staff (academic, administrative and general);
- External members including Alumni with valid Library cards are also welcome to participate except the Corporate members with Readers’ cards;
- This is an anonymous survey. No personal information will be collected;
- If you are interested in entering the Lucky Draw, please provide your contact information (i.e. Student/Staff ID, name, email address and phone number) at the end of the survey. This information will only be used for purposes related to the Lucky Draw.
- The results of the Lucky Draw will not be affected by your answers and written comments.
- Each participant is suggested to take the survey only ONCE. Multiple entries of the same participant will only be counted ONCE;
- Prizes will be drawn in May 2019. The Lucky Draw results will be posted on the Library website and all winners will be contacted individually by email. The Library is NOT liable for any non-delivery or non-receipt of email(s) by the winners;
- Late redemption will NOT be entertained. All prizes are NOT transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash;
- Authorization of other persons to collect the prize on your behalf will NOT be accepted;
- The Library is NOT liable for any cost or damage relating to or resulting from the acceptance and/or use of the above prizes by the participants;
- NO warranty or maintenance service will be provided;
- The Library reserves the right of final decision on all matters in case of any disputes.
Please be assured that answers, comments and contact information given by you in the survey will be treated in strict confidence. The Library will collate and analyze the collected data and will post the survey report on its website for users’ reference.
Starting from February 2019, all English and Chinese materials currently grouped under the Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC) Scheme and Lai’s Classification Scheme respectively will be re-classified under the Library of Congress (LC) Classification Scheme by stages. The Library has now set up a General Collection to shelve materials under the LC Classification Scheme. For enquiries and assistance, please contact the Library staff.
The Library is pleased to offer Education Source, which is an education-related research database provided by EBSCOhost.
Education Source is one of the world’s largest full-text research database designed to meet the needs of education students and professionals. It covers nearly 2,000 full-text journals, 550 books and monographs and more than 2,500 education-related conference papers, with their coverage dating back to 1880. Education Source spans all levels of education, from Early Childhood Education, to higher education and also includes other education specialties such as multilingual education as well as health education.
Library Opening Hours during the Lunar New Year Holidays:
Due to the grant of special leave of the Institute, the Library will close at 3:00 p.m. on 4 Feb 2019 (Chinese New Year’s Eve).
|4 Feb 2019 (Mon.)||
8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
|5 Feb 2019 (Tue.) – 7 Feb 2018 (Thu.)||
The Library is pleased to offer a newly subscribed database – MarketLine Advantage.
Marketline Advantage is an international business database which gives access to a unique mix of company, industry, financial and country business data such as descriptions of organizations and operations, market share, financial data & analysis as well as industry affiliations and products etc. It has an extensive global coverage of industries with 4000 industry profiles and 30,000+ companies within 215 countries.
Students and staff are welcome to access MarketLine Advantage via A-Z List of e-Databases.