- An item which has not been returned to the Library on or before its due date is treated as an overdue item.
- Overdue fines are levied starting from the day following the item’s due date (excluding the days the Library is closed) as follows:
|per item per day
|CCHES & Retired Staff
- Borrowing privileges will be suspended if there are certain amounts of outstanding fines or fees, or block messages recorded in a borrower’s account.
- When an item is due to return in three days or less, a Pre-overdue Reminder will be sent to the borrower via email.
- On the 1st, 3rd, 7th and 14th day after the due date, First Overdue Notice, Second Overdue Notice, Final Overdue Notice and Long Overdue Notice will be sent to the borrower via email respectively. It is the borrower’s responsibility to return the checked out item. Non-receipt of overdue notices is not accepted as an excuse of waiving or reducing overdue fines.
- After the Long Overdue Notice is issued and the overdue item is still not returned, borrowing privileges will be suspended until the overdue item is returned.
Lost / Damaged Item
- In case of an item reported lost or damaged, the borrower will be charged for the replacement cost of the item and a processing fee of HK$ 100. Borrowing privileges will be suspended until the processing fee and the replacement charge are paid.
- In case of an item claimed returned by the borrower, the item replacement cost and the processing fee of HK$ 100 will not be waived. Borrowing privileges will be suspended until the processing fee and the replacement charge are paid, unless the item is found by library staff or is returned by the borrower.
- Library materials are the property of the Library and borrowers cannot keep the library materials even if the replacement charges are paid.