The Library is pleased to offer a newly subscribed e-resource – AccessPhysiotherapy.
AccessPhysiotherapy is a comprehensive online physiotherapy resource that integrates over 50 leading physical therapy textbooks, more than 2,200 NPTE related self-assessment questions, procedure and exercise videos, images and a unique cadaver dissection tool.
Students and staff are welcome to access this resource via A-Z List of e-Databases.
The Library is pleased to offer 4 new databases as follows:
DynaMed is an evidence-based, clinically-oriented reference tool which provides information for point-of-care use by clinicians and healthcare professionals. It includes peer-reviewed information for more than 3,200 topics in a variety of medical specialties, including diseases, treatments, diagnostics, and drugs pertaining to emergency medicine, cardiology, oncology, pediatrics and more.
DynaMed also has a mobile app version available. Please refer to the Library Guides for details.
Missionary, Sinology, and Literary Periodicals (1817-1949)
A digital archive of 17 English-language missionary, sinology, academic and literary periodicals published in or about China during a period of over 130 years, extending from 1817 until the founding of the People’s Republic of China in 1949. These periodicals also feature a significant number of articles, reports, editorials on the founding and development of Christian higher education in China.
Sage Knowledge is a digital library that covers over 5,000 eBooks in a wide spectrum of subject disciplines, including business and management, psychology, social work, sociology, nursing, health and social care, education, criminology and criminal justice etc.
華藝線上圖書館 Airiti Library Chinese Electronic Periodical Services – Social Sciences
The Chinese Electronic Periodical Services (CEPS) – Social Sciences Collection provided through Airiti Library, offers access to over 2,000 full-text journals published in both Mainland and Taiwan. Its coverage spans across various subjects in social sciences, including sociology, education, law, politics, psychology and beyond.
Students and staff are welcome to access the above databases via the A-Z List e-Databases
You are cordially invited to complete the Library User Survey 2021. In appreciation of your views on our services, you will be entered the lucky draw and win attractive prizes sponsored by various publishers and information providers.
The survey starts from 22 March 2021 to 30 April 2021.
Thanks to the following publishers and information providers for sponsoring the prizes:
headphones X 2
|Wisers Information Ltd.||Apple Gift Card|
|John Wiley & Sons, Inc.||Starbucks Coupon|
|iGroup (Asia Pacific) Ltd.||ESLITE Coupon|
|Hyweb Technology Co., Ltd.||App Store & iTunes Gift Card|
|Wolters Kluwer||Mi smart band & Bluetooth speaker|
|Springer Nature||Wireless charger, pocket mouse and bluetooth headphones|
|Academic & Professional Book Centre||Supermarket Coupon & VR cardboard|
|Sage Publishing||Lucky Gift Set|
|Cengage Learning HK Ltd.|
|Shenzhen CSMAR Data Technology Co., Ltd|
Terms and Conditions
- This survey is open to all current CIHE/CBCC/CAPS students and staff;
- External members including Alumni with valid Library cards are also welcome to participate except the Corporate members with Readers’ cards;
- This is an anonymous survey. No personal information will be collected;
- If you are interested in entering the Lucky Draw, please provide your contact information (i.e. Student/Staff ID, name, email address and phone number) at the end of the survey. This information will only be used for purposes related to the Lucky Draw.
- The results of the Lucky Draw will not be affected by your answers and written comments.
- Each participant is suggested to take the survey only ONCE. Multiple entries of the same participant will only be counted ONCE;
- Prizes will be drawn in mid-2021. The Lucky Draw results will be posted on the Library website and all winners will be contacted individually by email. The Library is NOT liable for any non-delivery or non-receipt of email(s) by the winners;
- Late redemption will NOT be entertained. All prizes are NOT transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash;
- Authorization of other persons to collect the prize on your behalf will NOT be accepted;
- The Library is NOT liable for any cost or damage relating to or resulting from the acceptance and/or use of the above prizes by the participants;
- NO warranty or maintenance service will be provided;
- The Library reserves the right of final decision on all matters in case of any disputes.
Please be assured that answers, comments and contact information given by you in the survey will be treated in strict confidence. The Library will collate and analyze the collected data and will post the survey report on its website for users’ reference.
Thank you very much for attending the Advanced Training Workshop on 8 March 2021 and completing the search quiz. The Library is pleased to announce the Lucky Draw results as follows. Congratulations to all lucky participants.
|Prize||ID (First 4 characters)||Name|
|Coffee Shop Gift Card||2019XXX||Lam S. Y.|
|2070XXX||Chan C. M.|
|1870XXX||Li J. Y.|
|2019XXX||Pong K. Y.|
|QEHHXXXXXX||Cheng H. W.|
In view of the suggestion made by the Management that many of the classes will be conducted online, the Library implements a new loan policy with extended due date for checked-out books.
All loaned items with due dates that fall on 11 March 2021 and after will automatically be extended to 7 April 2021 .
The Library is pleased to organize an advanced training workshop titled “Learn to Search, Search for More…” to enhance your search skills in finding information and resources on the Discovery Search platform for your assignments and research projects. The workshop covers:
- Advanced search functions & skills
- Management of search records
- Google Scholar settings
- Troubleshooting (common problems & solutions)
- Critical thinking & tips for resource evaluation
Please complete the registration form HERE. All are welcome to join (You may also suggest research topics in the form for our potential demonstration purposes).
Soon after the workshop, there will be a simple quiz competition. Participants who get high marks will have a chance of winning cash coupons or other attractive prizes.
Please do not hesitate to join the workshop and learn the search skills that will benefit your future academic endeavours!
The Library is pleased to inform you that WisersOne, an upgraded version of WiseNews services is now available. The new platform fully integrates the features of its predecessor and provides a user-friendly interface for accessing the Chinese and English newspaper articles published in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, China and other parts of the world.
Students and staff are welcome to access this resource via A-Z List e-Databases.
Library Opening Hours during the Lunar New Year Holidays:
Due to the grant of special leave of the Institute, the Library will close at 5:00 p.m. on 11 Feb. 2021 (Lunar New Year’s Eve).
|11 Feb. 2021 (Thu.)||
8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
|12 Feb. 2021 (Fri.) – 15 Feb. 2021 (Mon.)||