To support e-learning, laptops / macbooks are available for loan at the Help Desk of the Learning Commons. Users may borrow the Laptops / Macbooks, which are restricted for use in the Library only, from Mondays to Fridays.
Equipment for Loan
|Laptop (with MS Office)||5 units||Click here|
|Laptop (with MS Office and SPSS)||2 units||Click here|
|Macbook Pro (with MS Office for Mac.)||4 units||Click here|
All students and staff of CIHE / CBCC and CAPS with valid institutional cards
- Each user can check out ONE laptop / macbook for 4 hours with no renewal privilege.
- Users should return the laptops / macbooks to the Help Desk on the same day. No laptops /macbooks can be loaned overnight and are due 30 minutes before the closing of the Library.
On a first-come-first-served basis. No advance booking or hold is available.
Users will be charged HK$6 per hour for late return.
- Users have to examine the physical conditions of the laptops / macbooks and accessories each time when they check out the equipment. If there are any malfunctions and / or defects, they must report to the staff on duty immediately.
- Users cannot add / remove / modify any hardware and software in the laptops / macbooks.
- Users should not save files on the laptops / macbooks, which are equipped with “reborn software”.
- Users are held liable for the cost of repair or replacement of any lost, stolen or damaged laptops / macbooks and its accessories, and an additional processing charge of HK$100.
- When using the laptops / macbooks, users must comply with the regulations stated in the Responsible Use of Computing Devices.
Users are required to read and sign the Library Laptop / Macbook Loaning Agreement before they check out the laptops / macbooks.