Gerontology Collection (Taylor & Francis Online) is available for free trial (Till: 30 Apr 2020). You are welcome to try out this e-resource via Trial Databases and forward your comments to the Library at firstname.lastname@example.org
In view of the suspension of classes on campus due to the novel coronavirus outbreak, the opening hours of the Library and the Learning Commons will be as follows until further notice.
|Monday – Friday||
9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
|Saturday, Sunday and
- Only the entrance to the CBCC Library is open. The room booking services will be suspended until further notice.
- For hygiene purposes, all bookshelves are sealed. If you would like to borrow any item, please seek the assistance of the library staff.
- All computer sets and the photocopying areas will be cleaned regularly.
- A newly-purchased book sterilizer is placed next to the Circulation Counter for public use.
- The Book Drops placed at the entrances to the Library and the Learning Commons can be used for returning borrowed items.
- You should wear a surgical mask within the Library.
- Please maintain good personal hygiene. You may clean your hands with the alcohol-based handrub placed at the entrance to the Library.
- Please stay vigilant and safe.
New arrangements for the return of books and the revised policy on overdue fines:
- Items returned within 5 working days after face-to-face classes resume on campus will have their overdue fines waived. This applies to library loaned items with due dates on or after 29 January 2020. Please ignore all overdue notices being sent through the library system automatically to your institutional email. If in doubt, please contact us.
- You are advised to renew your loaned items that are not yet due in My Library Record so as to avoid receiving any overdue notices.
You are encouraged to utilize the library e-collections for study and research from off-campus. You can view the e-textbooks and access e-books and e-journals located at Discovery Search. Research databases are also accessible via A-Z list e-databases
Please check our Library website regularly for the updated opening hours and the latest news. For assistance, please call 3653-6620 during opening hours or email email@example.com.
The Library is pleased to offer a newly subscribed e-resource – JoVE Science Education. JoVE Science Education is a video library designed for educators and students to better teach and learn scientific fundamentals through simple easy-to-understand video demonstrations.
The library subscription currently includes the following 3 modules in the area of Physical Examinations:
JoVE. Science Education Database. Essentials of Physical Examinations I
This collection provides the foundation for performing physical examinations, beginning with several universal concepts and techniques such as inspection, palpation, percussion, measuring blood pressure and other vital signs, to key pulmonary and cardiovascular physical exam techniques that can greatly assist in bedside diagnosis.
JoVE. Science Education Database. Essentials of Physical Examinations II
This collection is a specialized edition featuring methodologies and procedures associated with more sensitive and comprehensive physical exams such as HEENT exams, abdominal exams, and pelvic exams.
JoVE. Science Education Database. Essentials of Physical Examinations III
This collection covers physical examination of two major systems in our body: neurological and musculoskeletal, with videos explaining relevant anatomy, the rationale behind the steps, and the interpretation of the exam findings.
Students and staff are welcome to access the above resources via A-Z List e-databases.
The Library is pleased to offer a newly subscribed e-resource – Audit Opinion (CSMAR Solution).
As part of the CSMAR Solution, the China Stock Market Financial Database – Audit Opinion covers detailed data on audit opinions of domestic audit units within the fiscal year since 1990, including the auditor, audit fee (domestic and foreign audit fee), auditing firm and type of audit opinion. It provides important reference data for researchers who are concerned with financial information quality and audit fees of listed companies.
In addition to the Audit Opinion, the Library currently provides access to the following 5 databases in CSMAR Solution:
Students and staff are welcome to access the above resources by clicking “CSMAR Solution國泰安數據服務中心” at A-Z List of e-Databases.
Due to class cancellations and traffic disruptions, the Library will make the following special arrangements:
The overdue fines for library items with due dates that fall within the affected period from 11 November 2019 to 18 January 2020 (1st week of the second semester) will be waived. Please ignore all overdue notices being sent through the library system automatically to your institutional email. If in doubt, please contact us.
You are advised to renew your loaned items that are not yet due in My Library Record so as to avoid receiving any overdue notices.
For assistance, please call 3653-6620 during opening hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please check our Library website. regularly for the updated opening hours and library news.
To access the online resources from off campus, you can view the e-textbooks here. You can also use the Discovery platform to search for other e-books and e-journals for reading, and browse the A-Z list e-databases for research.
- There is no rush for you to return your loaned items to the Library if the traffic conditions do not permit.
We are pleased to offer a newly subscribed e-resource – Visible Body. Visible Body is a suite of online programs that cover Human Anatomy & Physiology through 3D models, animations, quizzes and other interactive learning tools. The Library currently provides access to the web & mobile versions of the following 2 modules:
Visible Body Human Anatomy Atlas ( iOS / Android )
Visible Body – Human Anatomy Atlas is an interactive 3D visualization and learning tool that enables healthcare professionals to visualize the human body systems as they would in a lab room. It contains more than 4,600 anatomical structures which covers all the human major organs and systems.
Visible Body Anatomy & Physiology ( iOS / Android )
Visible Body Anatomy & Physiology is a step-by-step interactive resource which provides introduction to the core anatomical function and physiology of the human body systems. This includes Cells and Tissue, Integumentary, Skeletal, Muscular, Nervous, Endocrine, Circulatory, Lymphatic, Respiratory, Digestive, Urinary, and Reproductive systems. It also provides access to more than 500 3D models which can dissected & studied from any angle and varying zooming levels.
Students and staff are welcome to access this resource via A-Z List e-databases.
Thank you very much for participating in the Library Orientation 2019. The Library is pleased to announce the Lucky Draw results as follows. Lucky participants will be contacted to collect the prize.
|ID (First 4 characters)||Name||Prize|
|1970xxx||YAU Sin Man||ESLITE Coupon|
|1970xxx||KUNG Sze Lin||ESLITE Coupon|