The Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service allows eligible users to request PRINT materials that are not available in the Library from partner institutes.
- Full-time academic staff and senior administrative staff are eligible for using the ILL service.
Terms & Conditions
- The ILL service does not include requests for electronic books or electronic journal articles.
- Users are liable for any consequences that may arise as a result of infringing the Copyright Ordinance.
- The Library reserves the right not to proceed with any request that is deemed infringing the Copyright Ordinance.
Cost & Quota
- All eligible users will not be charged for the Service. Any service charges payable is fully subsidised by the Library, the arrangement is subject to review.
- Each user can have at most 5 active requests at the same time. Any unresolved issue recorded in the Library account may affect the service privileges.
- If the Service is in high demand, additional quotas may be applied to limit the total no. of requests for each user and the request has to be approved by the Schools and Senior Management when necessary.
|Union Search||ILL Service Request Form|
|Material available||Print books||Print books, book chapters
or journal articles*
|Lending / supplying libraries||Local academic libraries, including UGC-funded university libraries|
*Print book chapters or journal articles will be delivered electronically to the institutional email if applicable.
For request of print books:
Borrow & Return
- Users will receive an email notification when the requested item is available for pick up at the Circulation Counter.
- A Pre-overdue Reminder will be sent to the borrower via email when the item is due to return in three days or less.
- The loaned item, if recalled by the lending library, must be returned in 7 days or by the original due date, whichever comes earlier.
- Loaned items can be renewed subject to the consent of the lending libraries. You are advised to request loan renewal via email to email@example.com if it is required.
- Overdue fines of HK$ 1 (HK$ 3 if recalled) per day per item are levied starting from the day following the due date (excluding the days the Library is closed) until the item is returned.
Loss & Damage
- Lost or damage of ILL item must be reported to the Library as soon as possible. Borrowers are responsible for the replacement cost, processing fee and other charges levied by the lending library.