A total of six group discussion rooms, four equipped with conference tables and audio-visual equipment in the Learning Commons and two others with work desks and networked PCs in the CBCC Library, are available for collaborative study / presentation preparation. Users can reserve a discussion room for up to 2 hours in a single time slot from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. 1 day in advance on a first-come-first-served basis. The confirmed reservations can be viewed on the display screens at the Information Counter in the CBCC Library and the Help Desk in the Learning Commons. However, users must observe the following regulations:
- Users have to present their institutional cards to our staff at the counters when making reservation.
- Users have to confirm that there will be at least 3 occupants using the room during their reserved time slot. Their institutional cards will be kept by our staff until after the use of room.
- If users do not show up 15 minutes after the beginning of the reserved time slot, their reservation will be automatically cancelled. The room will then be made available to other users without prior notice.
- If all users leave the discussion room for more than 15 minutes during their reserved time slot, the Library reserves the right to release the room to other users. Unattended belongings will be removed by our staff.
- If occupants have to regroup the furniture for special purposes, they must ask for the permission of our staff in advance. The room must be restored to its original setting after use. Those who fail to do so may be barred from using the room next time.
- Users must not remove any furniture or audio-visual equipment from the room.
- Users must be cautious in the use of furniture, computers and audio-visual equipment in the room. If there is any loss or damage, users have to pay the cost of purchase at the current price.
- Eating in the Library, including group discussion rooms, is strictly prohibited. Any user breaching this rule will be asked to leave the Library immediately and barred from using any discussion room in the Library until further notice.