A total of six group discussion rooms—four fitted with conference tables and audio-visual equipment in the Learning Commons and two with work desks and networked PCs in the CBCC Library—are currently available for collaborative study and presentation preparation purposes. Booking requests can be submitted via the Online Room Booking System (RBS) and the user guide is available HERE.
By making a booking request, users are deemed to have accepted and will observe the following rules:
- The discussion rooms are open from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. from Monday to Friday.
- The rooms can be used for a minimum of half an hour to a maximum of 2 hours per session.
- Users can reserve a discussion room 7 days in advance. It will take a minimum of 1-2 working days to process a reservation request.
- Users have to confirm that there will be at least 3 eligible users using the room during their reserved time slot. Their institutional cards will be kept by our staff until after the use of the room.
- The same user group is permitted to reserve a room ONCE per day.
- Eligible users are entitled to make a maximum of 3 reservation requests for each 7-day period.
- Users have to present their institutional cards to our staff at the counters and scan the QR code via the RBS to check in.
- If users do not show up and successfully check in within 15 minutes of the reserved time slot, their reservation will be automatically cancelled. The room will then be made available to other users without prior notice.
- If users leave the discussion room for more than 15 minutes during their reserved time slot, the Library reserves the right to release the room to other users.
- Unattended belongings will be removed by our staff.
- If users intend to extend the use of the group discussion room, they have to approach the counters to enquire about its availability 15 minutes before the end of the allotted time.
- Users must not remove any furniture or audio-visual equipment from the room.
- Care must be taken in the use of furniture, computers and audio-visual equipment in the room. If there is any damage or loss, users will be held liable for the cost of repair and/or recovery.
- Users must keep the room clean and tidy and vacate it immediately after each session.
- Users have to behave properly and must not cause any nuisance to others.
- Eating in the group discussion rooms is strictly prohibited. Any user breaching this rule will be asked to leave immediately and will be barred from using any discussion room until further notice.