The ILL of CIHE & CBCC Library allows full-time academic and senior administrative staff to borrow books from other ILL participating libraries. Through a Union Search that can access the print and electronic resources of five participating libraries, eligible users can make ILL requests for ILL books, which are then delivered to CIHE & CBCC Library for the requesters to borrow.
ILL Participating libraries
- Caritas Institute of Higher Education (CIHE)
- Chu Hai College of Higher Education (CHCHE)
- Hong Kong Shue Yan University (HKSYU)
- Open University of Hong Kong (OUHK)
- Tung Wah College (TWC)
|Library users||ILL Request Items|
|Full-time academic and senior administrative staff||5|
Printed books that are not owned by CIHE/CBCC Library can be requested. Other materials such as journals, e-books, theses, dissertations and audio-visual materials are not included in the ILL service.
Borrow & Return
- When your book has arrived at CIHE & CBCC Library, you will receive an email from the Library informing you to pick up your book.
- You are advised to come to borrow the book after receiving the “ILL Pick Up Notice” as soon as possible.
- The book must be returned to CIHE & CBCC Library on or before the due date.
- The Book can be renewed once subject to the consent of the supply library. To avoid overdue charges, you are advised to renew your book online at least 3 days before the due date.
- A courtesy email notice from the Library will be sent 3 days before the due date to remind you to return the book.
Cancel a Request
- You cannot cancel the request once it has been sent out to the participating library.
- The lending library may cancel your request if the book cannot be found on shelf or is not suitable for loan.
A book not returned when it is due is subject to an overdue fine of $1 per day per book, which will accrue from the first late day and each day thereafter (excluding Saturdays, School holidays and those days when the Library is closed) until the book is returned. Please abide by the library loan rules and return the borrowed books on or before the due date.
Loss or Damage
A book declared lost or damaged is subject to a replacement fine. You are expected to clear the replacement cost, handling or other charges levied by the source library.